Dear FWA member
This is a programme that FWA unhesitatingly recommends for you.
Asia Society has announced its third season of the New Voices Fellowship for Screenwriters. This edition’s theme is: MAKING HEROINE THE NEW HERO! NVFS is looking for scripts which are gender sensitive and driven by well-defined female characters.
For now, you have to submit a 3000-4500 word story, with the first three pages of the proposed script. More details available on the website.
Salient features of the fellowship
– No lien on your copyright or any other rights
– A fellowship stipend of Rs. 2, 00, 000/- to every selected writer
– Intensive mentoring over an 8-month period when you go from first draft of the story to final draft of the full script
– Two 5-day residential screenwriting workshops, with intensive feedback on the story, and on the step-outline from peers, mentors and advisors
– If the final scripts cut the grade, according to the advisors, then they promise to make some phone calls to fix pitching sessions for those writers with studios, producers and director.
For more information and clarification, please write to email@example.com or to newvoicesfellowship@asiasociety. org
Their website: http://asiasociety.org/india/new-voices-fellowship-screenwriters
We wish you all the best in your efforts.
Hon. General Secretary