Dear FWA Member-Writer,
Do you believe that you have a wonderful story or screenplay? Either for a film or a TV serial or an Animation film, documentary or a children’s film? Or even a gaming idea? And are you keen to pitch it to leading production houses?
FWA and FICCI FRAMES bring you an opportunity to do so in a programme called ‘Frame Ur Idea’.
Venue: FICCI FRAMES, Renaissance Hotel, Powai, Mumbai.
Dates: March 25-27, 2015
MARCH 25: PITCHING FOR FILMS
MARCH 26: ANIMATION, GAMING, KIDS PROGRAMMING
MARCH 27: PITCHING FOR TV PROGRAMMES
The production houses waiting to listen to your pitch are:
Disney India Studios
Life OK TV
Our advice is that you should have at least a written story before you decide to pitch it to these producers. (If you already have a script, all the better. But, at least a story.)
You will get 10 minutes to pitch your story to each producer, before you move on to the next producer. Do remember that you will have to pay a registration fee of Rs. 2500/- (plus service tax). FICCI has to meet its cost, and it is their rule. So, make sure that you extract maximum value by throwing your best work to them.
Here’s what you have to do:
- First go online and register for Ficci Frames on ficci-frames.com (Registration charges for ‘Frame Ur Idea’ are actually Rs. 5000/- per day. However, for FWA members there is a 50% discount. So, Rs. 2500, plus service tax.) For more details: http://www.ficci-frames.com/frames/frame-your-idea.html (If you want to look at their one-minute video: https://youtu.be/lHSHc5Pr0Fw)
- Fill the ‘Frame Ur Idea’ form online, and receive a confirmation email.
- Turn up at Ficci Frames on the day of your pitch and go for it!
Online registrations close at 7 PM on March 23, 2015. If you’re unable to register online, then just land up at the venue on the relevant day at 8.30 AM, and register on the spot. Bring your membership card along.
For those who are unsure about how to pitch, FWA has organised a Pitching Workshop where Vikramaditya Motwane (Lootera, Udaan), Sridhar Raghavan (Khakee, Bluffmaster) and Sophy Sivaraman (Director, Indian Documentary Foundation) will guide you with the help of examples. At the FWA office, on March 23, 2015, 5 PM.
For any further queries, write back to us and we shall forward your mail to the relevant person at FICCI.
Hon. Gen. Secretary
- This discount is only meant for FWA members.
- Be aware that these production companies will expect you to sign a Release Form. Do not worry, please sign that.
(The above announcement is for Frame Your Idea 2015. The terms, conditions and the procedure of the same event might change in subsequent years without any prior information.)